Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

This Sunday I made a super easy dish that tastes great and makes a ton of food...chicken enchiladas. I even have some in the freezer for another meal and we've had them two night for dinner. Here is how I make mine:

Ingredients
Cooked, shredded chicken (I poached mine in water for about 40 minutes but they were large pieces)
Sauteed onion (I did mine with some garlic and cumin)
Salsa
Fat free refried beans
tortilla shells
Enchilada sauce
Cheese
Sour cream to top them

Once I shredded the chicken I mixed in my onions and added a spoonful or two of salsa so that it wouldn't dry out when baking. Then I got my ingredients set up to assemble.


I spread a layer of refried beans on a tortilla and add a scoop of the chicken mixture.

Then I rolled it up. I fold in the top and bottom then roll. Place it seam side down in a baking dish. Here are mine all ready for the sauce.

I didn't pour it on since I wasn't going to bake them right away. At dinner time I just had to pour on the sauce and add a little cheese. I baked mine at 350 for about 40 minutes, until they were hot inside and the cheese melted. They are also great as leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment